CASTING

There is a famous notion that "90% of directing is casting", that if the casting is successful, than the directors vision will be better represented, creating a better film and being received better. With this in mind I took casting quite seriously as my film does depend on the protagonists journey.

I wrote my script with my chosen actors in mind. I had asked them prior if they would be keen in participating and they both agreed. 
- I chose Joe Thomas to play the part of The Boy because I have worked with him on numerous occasions, and I was impressed with his naturalistic and comedic styles of acting. The Boy is a lively and cheeky character which Joe was able to capture perfectly.
- I also wrote The Girl's character with Joey Ross-Macdonald in mind. Similar to Joe, I have worked with her previously, and her naturalistic acting was spot on for The Girl.

For the role of The Woman, I needed an older actress which was difficult to find as I didn't know many willing to act in my film for no fee. In the end I asked my mum if she could play the part of The Woman which she did brilliantly and captured the character's weird and mysterious personality perfectly. 

Comments