SHORT FILM LOCATION PLANS

There are four different locations within my short film:

  • Street
  • House- with garden, hallways, kitchen and sitting room 
  • Supermarket
  • Carpark 
STREET - The audience is introduced to my main character running down a street. The street will be shown in 3 shots, mainly focussed on JOE's head for approximately 2 seconds each. 
INCLUDE PICTURES OF STREET 

HOUSE - The film is started with a long shot of a garden panning across to ALICE's house. I wanted to chose a house with a picturesque garden, and an interior with lots of windows, meaning more natural light. This will mean I won't need to use as much artificial lighting, and will make the picture nicer. 


There are two large windows to allow natural light. JOE will surprise ALICE from the first of these two windows. ALICE will be sitting on the orange sofa with a clear view to the window. 




The opening shot will show the garden and then pan to the back door where ALICE will be standing with a cup of tea, the camera will ten follow her into the kitchen. 

SUPERMARKET - Finding a supermarket location has been the hardest part of creating my short. I have contacted Tesco's, Aldi, Lidl, M&S, Waitrose, and Sainsbury's, and a filming location site. So far, Head Office at Waitrose and Asda have consented, but I need to speak to a local store. I am allowed to use a Cooperative but the cost totals to around £400, which is not feasible for my budget. 

CARPARK - I have not decided on a specific car park yet, will look around for ones near me

Comments